Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Sun in the City


Hello Everyone! Happy spring time - I thought it would never get here. The spring brought many events, such as the fact that I got my butt in gear and applied to SFSU's Graduate school. I hope to get my multiple subject/special education teaching credentials together in one program! I get excited just writing about. We have decided to stay in San Francisco at the apartment we first rented. Chris still does not like that place too much - too many moths.
Also, Grandma Boots suffered a large stroke in her left frontal lobe and is now temporarily in a healthcare facility. Plans are in the works to find her a more familiar home to receive 24 hour care - maybe even in Mom's house!
May 6th was my birthday and we had a little party in Grandma's room and I think my favorite part was watching Grandma sing "Happy Birthday" to me! You have to understand that her speaking ability has greatly diminished even before this stroke. She cannot put whole sentences together and she was able to sing that whole song. This picture was taken this last Thanksgiving hosted in her Carmel home. We love you Gramma!
What does 26 supposed to feel like - well a lot like 25, I guess. No big thang except it is "my" day for a day. Chris did very well at spoiling me and I went out with Mom and Mike as well.
Talking about "birth" days - Lara had her baby, yay! Little baby Harper is doing just fine and was born weighing 8lbs. 4ozs. Visit their website for some awesome pics and videos!

No comments: