Sunday, March 25, 2007

Jesus Land - Could not put it down!


Hello People! I am taking 21 units this crazy semester, but I still love to read for pleasure. I picked up Jesus Land by Julia Scheeres because, 1. The cover was a cute, retro photo of a blond, blue eyed girl, next to a smiling little black boy, 2. The title. When I read the back I found out it was a memior about these kids (the little boy was adopted by the little girl's parents) in the Mid-west. I'm always interested in people's stories and this sounded like it would be a very telling one. Boy, was it EVER!!! It's a hefty 300 pages or so and I busted that b- out in a week and we are in midterms! Click on 'Julia' and it will take you to her personal webpage. Please pick up a copy at your bookstore or, better yet, borrow it from your local library!

No comments: