Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Another "Keeper"


Before I get back to my house chores, I thought I would tell you how much My Sister’s Keeper, by Jodi Picoult, surprised me. At first I was skeptical because I thought it started out a little cheesy, but it got me in the end! I heard about it when my professor, Dr. Rossi, said he could not put it down. Now, I see why he might have enjoyed the piece of fiction because it is about a 13 year old taking her parents to court to gain medical emancipation. You see, this young lady was genetically engineered to be a perfect donor for her sister who suffers from a rare form of leukemia. That’s all I am going to say because the plot is great and so is the topic. As you read it, it only gets better. So hit that library or borrow it from a friend, as I did (Thanks, Katie!).

No comments: