Friday, August 31, 2007

Life's Ridiculous Again


Hello one and all,
I hope you are enjoying life lately. I'm back into school, whole-hog, as they say. Taking credentialing courses and student teaching at a very cute elementary school in San Bruno. One more year of excessive writing and reading and then hopefully I will be finished with school for a long time. Fridays I have made sure to keep clear for job possibilities, such as substitute teaching. At 7:20am this morning, sure enough, I was called about some job offers. I took one starting at 8am and ran through the house to shower, make coffee, communicate with Chris, who was a God-send when it came to getting directions and making me a fast sandwich. En route to my first assignment as a Jr High PE teacher, I was called and re-routed to an elementary school. Once I got there I saw the sign said, "International." Oh, boy, this was a real adventure. I was told it was a forth grade class and it ended up being a 2nd grade class - much more my style. Needless to say, I got a lot of Espanol practice in today with the kids. Damn, they were good. I read them a story, something called, Froggy's First Beso, and it was written in Spanish. I sounded like a beginning reader and the kids loved it because they got to show me their mastery and correct my mistakes. That was super fun.
Right now I'm crying over the death of a misunderstood giant gorilla (who's not even real!) in King Kong. I got the movie in the library and I'm glad I did because it's oddly good. Some of the CG is a bit shoddy, but whatever. Then there's me crying over the mythical creature - I always cry over abused animals, but still like to watch shows like Animal Cops on Animal Planet when I can. Even if I'm running, full-tilt on the treadmill at the gym, I will cry over whatever sappiness is on cable. Don't ever try welling up in front of me, especially if your male, because I will quickly join you with my own tears. Why am I saying this? I guess crying comes more often when I'm stressed out. So watch out world! I just might cry in public and make people feel awkward.
Like the apple with the cozy? I thank Cute Overload for a daily dose of simple cuteness. It also highlights the wonders of knitting. My knitting has been focused on a quilt-like project where I have been stitching together different colored squares. These seed-stitched squares will be sewn together to form a bed spread, but since the yarn was a bit pricey it will be more of a small blanket.
Funny how house chores, such as doing the ever-dirty dishes, or crafting is alluring when there's graduate work to be done. :)You'd be surprised how fun watering flowers can be in lu of writing a 10-pager. The laundry has to be done right away and friends need to be sent random emails now. If it's a particularly anxious time, I might cry whilst doing the cooking. :) And then you would really know I have a lot of school work sitting on my figurative shoulders.

No comments: